Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Why the paint?

That's the question I get asked most often after people have read one of my books.

Not about the story. Not about Jaz's slow coming-out-of-her-shell personality. Not what made Kara so bold and daring. Not about what draws Kara to Jaz, or Jaz to Kara.

I get asked about the paint.

Hey, we all have kinks, right? Some milder than others. Others wilder than some.

The covers for my books so far are attributable to a photographer I only know as Detailblick and licensed through Fotolia. What inspired him, I can't say. Because we've never met.

As for me?

Well, that's easier to explain.

To little ol' Sarah here, girls are beautiful. One of the most beautiful parts of the world. And while I'm definitely talking about physical beauty, it's not just that.

Girls, women, chicks, whatever you want to call us... I see them (and myself) as beautiful inside and out. Far more interesting and intelligent and colorful and entrancing and sexy and complex and maddening and joyful and wonderful than even the nicest guy you'll ever want to meet.

The paint these women wear in my covers? It just emphasizes the hidden beauty I see in all women. All of us. It brings it a bit to the surface. Shows off what makes us special, unique, phenomenal, and one-of-a-kind.

That's what it means. That's all it means. Plus... it just gets me hot and steamy in all the right places. Know what I'm saying? I'm sure you do.

Will I always have paint-splattered women on my book covers? Probably not. Detailblick, bless him (or her), only did a precious few photos with these models. And nothing like it since.

So eventually, probably after book four is out, I'll have to change it up. I'll need to find a new photographer's work to license and use on my covers. A new kink to show off.

But we'll always have these first four books, and the beautiful models that appear on them. That's enough to last a lifetime, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment